Saturday, October 05, 2013

Day 6 - Celebration Saturday

Today I'm grateful for the gift, the glory of another day. A day to celebrate life and love, friendship and family, sunshine and .

 * I am grateful for the wondrous bounty at the farmer's market.

* I am grateful for the woman who patiently explained how to care for the fresh ginger.

* Today we celebrated the first year of life of a precious little boy who not only laughs at me, but also makes me laugh.

 Aaaaaaah - choooooo!!!!!


 * I'm grateful that I was present when he discovered the joy of cake and frosting.
He ate more than half of that cake all by himself.


 * I'm enormously grateful to be a part of his life and the life of his entire family.

* I am grateful to live in a city that still blesses the animals. I wish I had known about this ahead of time; I probably would have taken our little doggie for a dash of holy water.

* I am grateful for this view of the sunset over the city.

* Even the wasps know how to be still and appreciate the spectacle that is the setting sun.

* I am grateful for the opportunity to spend the afternoon, evening, and night with one of the most generous, kind, funny, thoughtful, attentive, organized, loving people I have ever known. In the words of one of the most famous prostitutes in movie history, the one who was rescued by the handsome Richard Gere in "Pretty Woman," I say to you (and you know who you are, dear one): "If I forget to tell you later, I had a wonderful evening."

Grateful, grateful, grateful, grateful.

No comments: