Thursday, May 02, 2013

Taken for Granted Thursday

Here are a few things I have taken for granted for most of my adult life-

* the freedom and ability to drive

* getting dressed and undressed without assistance

* making tea and coffee

* taking our laundry basket down to the laundry room

* sorting laundry and starting a load in the washer

* folding and distributing the laundry to my family

* ironing

* grocery shopping

* cooking

* cleaning

* loading and unloading the dishwasher

* making green juices in the morning

* loading and unloading the dishwasher

* vacuuming

* climbing into and out of bed

* rolling over in bed

* sleeping on my side

* sleeping soundly through the night

* going up and down the stairs in my house 15 to 20 times per day

* lifting weights

* jumping on the rebounder

* going on walks in my neighborhood

* putting on earrings and necklaces

* playing with my dreadlocs

* typing and texting painlessly

* filling page after page in my journal with collages and scribbles

* raising both hands above my head

* making oatmeal with blueberries and mangoes in the morning

* eating, drinking, and being merry

* good health, manual dexterity, strength, ease of mobility, independence

All these things, and the dozens of other things I could add to this list, bring me back to what Thursdays are usually about on my life's journey - gratitude. Going forward in the days and weeks to come, I am determined to be grateful for the things I have so often taken for granted.

I am learning to be more grateful every day, even during this kanswer journey.
As the Bible says, "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
All circumstances, including this kanswer journey.
Especially during this kanswer journey.

What do you take for granted?
What are you grateful for?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Gail,
I, as you, with millions of people have travelled on this same journey together. I too, have taken many of what you stated "for granted" also.What I am "grateful" for is number one, being Alive to share my thoughts with you and others. Through the help of a most wonderful Lady I know, started me on the path to healing. Her compassion,love, understanding and empathy shown towards me gave me the inner strength to move forward in my Life. A most "wonderful" gift anyone can recieve from another. My Zest for Life is greater now than I can ever realize. I feel Gail, that what we both as have others expereinced "awakens" and lifts our Spirit to even greater heights of appreciation for Life itself.
My Prayers continue each day for your continued healing and peace within your "kindred spirit".

Be Well...Be Safe Gail..:)

Your Friend,

Paul~