Sunday, November 27, 2011

Anticipation...

A dear, dear friend gave me a book a year or so ago entitled Simply Wait - Cultivating Stillness in the Season of Advent. Being that today is the first Sunday of Advent, I pulled it out and began my Advent journey with this slim volume serving as my guidebook. I can already tell that it's going to be exactly what I need this year. Exactly what I need.



 Here is the prayer of invocation for this week's readings:

Holy Anticipation,
that breathtaking space in-between
what has been, what is, what is-to-come.
Where winter dreams reveal secret longings
and winged angels announce the coming of Love.
You draw us to the edge of Advent possibility
like the song of angels drawing shepherds - 
eyes wide and breath held - 
waiting, watching. 
Come, settle into our living for awhile
and do not let us settle for too little. 
Amen. 





No comments: