Thursday, July 05, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

Tonight I'm thankful for -

- Lara Bars, especially Cherry Pie

- frozen York Peppermint Patties

- ice cubes floating in water

- friends who do research to find me relief from a pulled back muscle (it worked; I'm 80% better, Lisa!)

- the sounds of owls, squirrels, and other Carolina critters on hot summer nights


- white wine sangria with paella, followed by crema catalina

- Snicker bars tied with ribbons

- sitting in Barnes and Noble, talking, laughing, and reading with my daughter

- watching "Eat, Pray, Love" again

- Javier Bardem

- zucchini and tomatoes - picked from the neighbor's garden - sauteed with garlic and olive oil


- the wonder of turtles 

- an unexpected phone call today from my favorite pastor/preacher of all time - I miss you, Katie!

- Andrea Bocelli's Il Mistero Dell'Amore - The Mystery of Love

- stretching out on the floor of my study and remembering

- sending love and light across the miles and then letting go - again and again

- downloading photos from my phone and my camera, seeing evidence of a life well lived, a life well loved

- rediscovering photos taken in Spain in May of 2005, photos of my children and my favorite Jesuit priest


- how ridiculously happy I was to find gas at $2.92 per gallon a couple of weeks ago. South Carolina does have its benefits after all...

- making journals by hand

- filling journals by hand

- Prismacolor markers leaving their mark on thick watercolor journal pages



- the miracle of how regularly the sunset follows the sunrise

- shelves full of journals

- journals full of stories

- stories that remind me of the places I have lived, the people I have met, the love I have known

- how doggone nostalgic I get at this time of year 



- the tears that flow as I read, write, watch, listen, remember, and offer up gratitude
for all that has been,
all that is,
and all that is yet to come

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmmmmm....a most wonderful list indeed!

SO glad your back is better!! HOORAY!!!

Thank you for sharing these gratitude moments with us. I rejoice and give thanks with you, for you, in each and every one. :)

GailNHB said...

Lisa, you have no idea how grateful I am for your comments on my blog and your presence in my life. You are certainly one of the reasons my life is as full and fabulous as it is. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Peace be with you, my friend.