Friday, September 18, 2009

Confession Time...

I have taken up drinking.



Alone at a favorite watering hole, one I discovered originally in Rome back in 2001.


Alone at the kitchen table of the apartment where I am holed up.
(The title of the book is To Go on Pilgrimage: Outward and Inward.)


And because I have heard that it is not good to imbibe alone, I have gotten together twice with a niece who also likes to toss one back every once in a while.




I have met up with friends on occasion as well.
There is nothing quite like bellying up to the bar, ordering "the usual,"
and enjoying the fruit of the vine.

I can already tell that this is going to be a hard habit to break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!

SO envious!!!

I'll imbibe with you ANYTIME, my dear!

(Some habits don't need to be broken.)

Launa said...

Hooray! Gail is back from gathering adventures and photos, and is going to share them with us. To paraphrase Robert Frost said of the Birches, it's good going out, and good coming back to earth as well.

GailNHB said...

Two more days, Launa, and then I will head back home. And, yes, I have gathered many adventures and taken many photos. I soooo wish I had more time, but all in due season.

Lisa, I wish we could share a pot of tea and tell a few stories of recent adventures, for sure. Someday soon...