Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Keeping it simple...

Merry Christmas. Peace on earth.
Good will to all children, women, and men everywhere.



I pray that you will find peace in your heart,
in your home, in all areas of your life.




And do what the ornament says: look up. ask for help.
wait and pray. have faith.

At the end of the most quoted Bible story (at this time of year anyway),
I re-discovered a verse I've skimmed over dozens of times.
Luke 1:45 - Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.

I want to be one of those blessed women.
One who believes.
One who looks up, prays, waits, has faith.
Finds peace.

Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.


If you have time, check out Lulliloo's beautiful post about one of her favorite Christmas songs. It happens to be one of my favorites as well - "O Holy Night."

4 comments:

Amy said...

I have a bear in my office that echoes the sentiment on your ornament; and yet, there are those times we forget to look up.

Merry Christmas, dear Gail!

Shelby said...

Merry Christmas to you and your precious family!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that ornament. It's just what I needed to hear. Merry Christmas my dear friend. - Monee

Ella said...

I think I'm looking up too much I have neck strain.

Happy New year to you & your family.

Love,

Ella