Tuesday, July 10, 2007

How different would my life be???

If ice cream sundaes, with two scoops of chocolate peanut butter ice cream with chocolate syrup and walnuts had 150 calories?
If Masterpiece BBQ wavy potato chips counted as vegetables?
If Starbucks grande soy white mochas with one raw sugar didn't stain my teeth or add bulk to my belly?

If stay-at-home parents earned a salary for as long as they had children at home?
If homeschool parents earned a teacher's salary for as long as they taught at home?
If I lived out all the things I talk about every time I give a motivational talk, teach a class, or lead a retreat?

If I didn't judge everyone I lay my eyes on?
Didn't judge them based on their skin color, hair color, body shape?
Didn't judge them based on their shoes, outfit, and jewelry?
Didn't judge them based on the behavior of the people they were with?
Didn't judge them based on the car they drive, the neighborhood in which they live, and their language or country of origin?
Didn't judge them based on their political opinions, religious persuasions, or their opinion of me?

If I didn't hold so many grudges?
Expect everyone to meet my needs immediately?
Demand so much attention from others?
Keep records of nearly all the wrong done to me in my life?
Didn't take everyone's actions and comments personally?
If I loved my neighbors, my friends, my enemies, my in-laws, my own siblings, my husband, and my children as I love myself?


If I lived like I believe that God is in control of all things?
That nothing happens by accident?
That the Lord is My Shepherd and I want for nothing?
That God is my refuge and strength?
That He is the God of peace, the God of hope, the God of all comfort?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes...I long for this type of honest living as well. How do we acquire all these masks and hang-ups? I'm so tired of pretending but I've done it for so long that I'm not sure I even remember how to be true, really true, with myself and others!

I've given up some of my judgments - just catching them as they come and reminding myself that it's just MY opinion and, if that's what makes that person happy, then oh well, it doesn't matter what I think. (And sometimes I laugh to myself as I remember that we are ALL made in the image of God. Wow!)

But wouldn't it be cool if we felt free enough to be honest with each other, to talk openly about these things as they come up...instead of having all those conversations with ourselves in our heads :-0 Because, as humans, we all suffer from these same limitations. Right?

How I yearn for honest, open, even uncomfortable, heart to heart conversations among fellow travelers on this weird journey!!! It's a rare treat that we need to bless ourselves with more often.

Just noticing these things about yourself is a huge step on the journey to freedom. Keep up the good work in soul school my friend :-)

Peace,
Lisa