Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's My Party...

But I'm not crying at all. I have received more phone calls, emails, e-cards, and loving support this week than in a very long time. Thanks to all of you! Every one of you who has thought of me, prayed for me, written to me - blessings on you and your loved one! It has been a joy to be remembered as I have.

It's been a great day.

First of all, let me explain a birthday tradition we have at our home. When our children go to bed on the night before their birthdays, Steve and I sneak into their rooms after we know they are asleep and put balloons up in their rooms. When they awake on the morning of their day of celebration, they are surrounded by helium balloons of various shapes and sizes, messages and sentiments, and those balloons last for days. They find them in their bathroom, in the kitchen, in the homeschool room. Everyplace. It's a fantastic tradition that they both still love.

Well, today I awoke to find birthday balloons in my study! For me!!! What a wonderful surprise.
Then there was a new leather journal, a new Cross pen, candles, chocolate, and two very generous gift cards for stores I frequent often. Yeah! My mother made me a lovely breakfast and gave me the CUTEST coupon/card for child care "redeemable and renewable upon request." Since then, I have literally been inundated with cards and calls from so many people who have told me how much they care and love me and wish me a fabulous day. In English. In Spanish. In song. In words. A gift card from Karen - thank you, dearly beloved one. And promises of more goodies to come.

Steve and the children are at basketball practice at the moment, so I'm home alone.
Listening to Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong CD (GO GET IT. IT IS FANTASTIC!!!)
Writing in my journal. Staring at our Christmas tree. Daydreaming.
Giving thanks for joy, happiness, peace, grace, mercy
and the love of friends and family.

I am very happy right now.

Thanks again for all your love.

PS. I understand that some of you are having trouble posting comments here on the blog. Quite honestly, I don't know what's going on. Please keep trying. If you can't get through, then email me at gailnhb@yahoo.com. Again, I'm sorry for the difficulty.

Added on Friday, December 15 - One way you might be able to get through with your comments is to choose the Other button there in the Comments sign in box, instead of the Google/Blogger button. That might help. It's worth a try. Again, sorry.

1 comment:

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

happiest happiest birthday beautiful gail! i am so grateful you are here on this planet, dancing through life as you do.

:)