Monday, October 03, 2011

Every now and then...

I come across a blog post or a video that say exactly what I would have said if she hadn't said it first. Here are two such gems that I discovered in the past 24 hours.

The first is a video by Kristin Noelle. It's about ten minutes long, but worth every minute. Kristin writes and maintains one of the most thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, empowering blogs I read. Please go check out her writing and her beautiful sketches. But watch the video first.

The second is a blog post by one of my favorite writers, photographers, and story tellers, Jen Lemen. Jen is one of my favorite people in the world. I had the honor and privilege of meeting her three years ago in San Francisco, plunging immediately into deep conversation with her and feeling my soul shift on its axis, simply by being in her presence. She's that wonder-filled.

These two women have served as role models for me as writers, as mothers, as thinkers, as adventurers, as honest, vulnerable, deeply flawed, real, loving, confused, beautiful women. They are women of deep faith, of deep love, of deep convictions, deep questions, and deep trust.

And they are both darn good writers.

Feast on their wise, fearless, and tear-soaked words.

PS. I just found another gem. This is a letter directed at "Women's Ministry." It made me laugh, groan, and shout "amen." The same woman wrote this piece about prayer. I think I just found a new writing love. Enjoy!!!

No comments: