Monday, April 03, 2006

It was an honor to be nominated...

I received an email today from the man who invited me to speak at the social workers' event last Friday. Although he was quite complimentary about the talk, he informed me that, regrettably, someone else has been confirmed as the speaker at the May conference.

I admit that I'm disappointed at not being able to give the talk again. I had already done some mental gymnastics related to the changes I'd have to make in order for it to be relevant to the larger group. I had new jokes lined up. I had new stories to add and old ones to delete. I had my list of thank you's ready to read. I had my outfit all picked out. Well, I hadn't settled on the accessories yet, but my stylist and I were close to finalizing it all.

In any case, it turns out that the Academy chose to award the prize to another nominee. Like I said, it was an honor to be nominated. I hope to be in contention at some future time.

Thank you to my publicist, my agent, my make-up artists, my costume designers, my chef, my chauffer, my assistants, and my personal trainer. It takes a village, you know...

But most of all, thanks to you, my faithful public, my most loyal supporters and friends. Without you, I don't know where or what I'd be.

Thank you, good night, and good luck to you all.

No comments: