Friday, March 14, 2008

A quote worthy of consideration

"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again.
And what do we teach our children?
We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France.
When will we also teach them what they are?

We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are?
You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you.
Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move.
You may become a Shakespeare, a Michaelangelo, a Beethoven.
You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel.
And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel?
You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children.
"


Pablo Casals


*************************************************
I found this quote in Ali's quote stash.
Check it out: go to the blog and find the link on the left sidebar.
Then go tell someone you love, child or adult, that he or she is a marvel.
He is. She is.
So are you.

Me? I'm off to a pizza party to celebrate my son's recently completed basketball season.
Go OP Hawks!



The photo on the left was taken two years ago when he played for the Heat. His photo has been used by the photography company ever since as the sample they lay out on the table. Nope, they didn't ask. Nope, he didn't get paid. Nope, we didn't get a discount on photos. Now that I think about it this way, I think I'll go call my lawyer!

He is embarrassed every time he sees it. As you can plainly see, he did not want me to take the photo of him with the model photo. Oh well.


That's her foot on a recent drive through town.

These two people I feed and clothe daily really are marvels.
As we all are. Yup, you too.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You're right, Gail. We're all marvels. We do need to teach this to children. I think about the many possibilities every time I explore art with kids. I want them to think outside the box and to know their opinions are validated.

And I agree: Daniel should be getting paid for this promo!

Anonymous said...

Love this, thanks for sharing it. Gosh this blogging is a wonder isn't, being able to share and discuss and empower. Thank you Gail, take care, Love and Hugs Jen B. xxx

Anonymous said...

Great quote!

Thank you for that awesome reminder to celebrate, embrace, cherish, nurture our unique, incredible Divine selves :-)

Your two kids are some of the coolest I know! A great tribute to two awesome, caring, devoted parents.

I can't wait to be there in person and marvel at all of this with you.

Hugs,
Lisa

Shelby said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful quote.. you are always finding inspiration to share. And I like that.