Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today, I grateful for the power of words.
Words that make us moan, swoon, laugh, and think.
Words are powerful tools, but can also be vicious weapons.
I hope to use mine with tenderness, kindness and gentleness.
Tonight, I will share a few words, a few lines, that have touched me deeply today.

*****
Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been.
Mark Twain

*****
Travel as much as you can. Select your media influences carefully. Associate with positive people. Take lots of risks. The best security is confidence in yourself, mental and physical health, and good friends... take lots of time to be with those friends.
Salli Rasberry

*****
Courage does not always boast. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
Anonymous

*****
Be joyous, though you've considered all the facts.
Wendell Berry

*****
Acceptance of one's life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices.
Paul Tournier

*****
You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.
Joan Baez

*****
Let nothing disturb thee,
Nothing affront thee;
All things are passing;
God never changeth.
Santa Teresa de Avila

*****
Laugh at the night,
at the day, at the moon,
laugh at the twisted
streets of the island,
laugh at the clumsy
boy who loves you,
but when I open
my eyes and close them,
when my steps go,
when my steps return,
deny me bread, sir,
light, spring,
but never your laughter
for I would die.
Pablo Neruda


*****
In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus


*****
How simple and frugal a thing is happiness, a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea... All that is required to feel that here and now is happiness is a simple, frugal heart.
Nikos Kazantzakis


*****
I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart: I have overcome the world.
John 16:33


No comments: