Friday, November 16, 2012

In Case You Are Interested...

The love and support that I have received in these past two weeks has been wonderful, thoughtful, caring, tender, and remarkable.

Many friends and other loved ones have asked for specific ways to help us. Finally, I have come to terms with the fact that I will need help, and this afternoon my friend, Heather, and I set up a web page that you can go to in order to sign up to provide meals for our family during the upcoming months of kanser treatments.

Here is THE LINK.

And these are the codes you need in order to log in:

Calendar ID - 131973
Security Code - 7292

It is a pretty easy website to navigate.

I thank you in advance for any and all help that you are able to provide.


PS. Some of you who live far away have asked for things you can do to help.
Here are a few things that come to mind:

Never underestimate the value of a postcard, a note, or a card. I promise to read them over and over.

If you knit or crochet or come across something colorful and warm while out shopping, I will be needing lots of hats, scarves, mittens, and that sort of thing this winter. I have a pretty big head (or so I hear) and the largest hands of any woman I've ever come in contact with (by far), so don't be shy about sending the largest sized items you make or choose.

If none of those things send your heart a-racing, then feel free to surprise me with whatever you desire to send my way. I'm not going anywhere for a while. I'll be right here.

Again, thank you for your love, friendship, and for reading this rambling blog of mine.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I wish I lived close enough to cook for you. I would cook, clean your house, do your laundry and run all your errands.

What I can do for you long-distance Gail? I am praying but I would love to be of help in a physical way too, if I can.

Laurie