Thursday, December 22, 2011

If only we knew...


There have been many years of my life and many situations in my life in which I didn't realize I was a slave and that freedom was an option for me. There have also been times in which I was addicted to something or someone, when I was voluntarily imprisoned by some vice or belief system - and even though I knew freedom was an option, I chose enslavement over liberty.

I am glad and grateful that my eyes, ears, and heart are being opened more and more so that I can see the chains, remove them, and step out into my best life.

Reminds me of that famous quote by Nova Knutson: "Hint: the cage is not locked."

Freedom,
like peace,
like joy,
like contentment,
like forgiveness,
is both a gift and a choice.

Thanks be to God.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How wonderfully true!

Here's to awakening more and more as each moment passes.