Friday, May 06, 2011

A prayer of thanksgiving...

  
Thank you, Lord, for the sheep and goats, the llamas and donkeys


the turtles, alligators, deer and squirrels,



for the chickens and the children, for curiosity and awe.


Thank you for the bravery and example 
of the one that tried to get away.


Thank you also for the example set by
the ones that are comfortable in their gilded cages.


Thank you for endless bicycle trails and 
my endlessly patient teenagers who said "Yes"
every time I asked to go on a bike ride.


Thank you for enough balance to be able to take a self-portrait while riding my beloved bike.


Thanks most of all for letting the last street 
at the end of a long road
on my very last bike ride
be the street on Hilton Head Island that was named just for me?
(Notice the yellow sign that says: ROAD ENDS.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: