Monday, May 02, 2011

The halfway mark...


The first thing I did when we arrived at our vacation house was take over the dining room table 
with my books, my journal, my computer, and my art stuff. I feel like I'm right at home...


Then I wrestled an alligator in order to keep it from devouring my daughter. Notice that my hands aren't actually touching it. Nor am I actually smiling; that is a grimace from having wrapped my arms around it and nearly getting stuck to the hot metal. 
(Homeschoolers learn all the time: I learned that iron left out in the sun gets hot
and I shouldn't touch it.)


My daughter loves the sea. She sat there for a long time, quiet, still, at peace. 
She gets it: be still and know.


If someone had told me six months ago that I would 
fall madly in love with riding a bike,
I would have laughed heartily at the absurdity of such a thought.
Nowadays, I wake up wondering how soon I can get out for a ride. 
I took this photo while out on a two-wheeling adventure yesterday.


That basket-laden wonder is my new best friend -
sitting on the driveway here in Hilton Head after an especially long ride. 
Who in their right mind would not want to jump on that bike and head out for a spin?


Four days down.
Four more days to go.
I am happy.

No comments: