Saturday, February 14, 2009

What if it's true...?



Today was a good day.
There were bagels and coffee, enjoyed in bed.
There was a long stint of reading, also in bed.
There was a necklace, a scarf, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
There was a basketball game, which my son's team won.
There was dinner at my mother's house.
Three of us settled in on my mother's big comfy couch.
I read while Steve and Kristiana napped on either side of me.



My daughter went to bed before 8 pm.
My husband and son are doing what they do: watching sports downstairs.
Since then I've been doing what I do: reading, once again in bed.

(The book I'm reading, The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, is the perfect novel to escape into for hours at a time. I'm more than 200 pages into it - and I started it this morning!)



A little while ago, I put the book down.
Snuggled down under my comforter.
Started thinking again.
Asking questions again.
Mentally wandering down a few streets and across a few plazas I've explored by foot.
Remembering friends and loved ones, far and near.




And I wondered to myself:
What if it's true?
What if love is all you need?

Happy Love Day!



*All the photos are from last summer's journey to, through,
and returning from San Francisco.

3 comments:

Lori Duncan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori Duncan said...

Ooops that was me that deleted a comment with a bad typo. Very Bad!!!!!
What I said, "It is true and we are believers in the ultimate Love Gift." I can't imagine this world without the presence of His Love.
blessings.

Amy said...

I'm currently listening to John Eldredge's "Waking the Dead" on CD. He reminds us that love really is the basis for everything.