Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Water from a Rock

I love the house where you live, O Lord, the place where your glory dwells. Psalm 26:8



Find rest, o my soul, in God alone
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:5-6




Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,
but whoever drinks the water I give her will never thirst.
Indeed, the water I give her will become in her
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.
John 4:13-14.



O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land
where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

4 comments:

Lori Duncan said...

Ah, beautiful pictures Gail, I don't know if you know but Cindi Serenbetz had an Art Show last year called "Resting Place" and she had Psalms with the pictures. These verses are very encouraging, thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Oh, Gail, this is lovely and is SO where I am right now. As the deer pants for water ...

jmgb said...

ahh, yes.

i will not be shaken.

Anonymous said...

Hi :-)

After reading your response to my email about this post, I was out driving around town and pulled up behind a white van at a stop light. The back of the van read:

LIVING WATER

It was apparently associated with a ministry group.

Just thought the synchronicity was amazing! And it made me, of course, think of you and be grateful your well is being filled up :-)