Celebrate Small Wonders
I have found myself far more focused on small wonders, on small miracles, on small victories lately. And at a local bookstore not long ago, I captured this image, a tiny ad on a table in the cafe section of the store, that confirmed my decision to pay attention to the little things. I celebrated that day with one of their peppermint mocha trios! Yum, yum.
But I digress.
Please allow me to share a few small wonders I have celebrated lately.
* a new friend who has sent me oodles of uplifting emails in the past two weeks, encouraging me to be the best mother I can be
* cutting and filing my daughter's fingernails
* hugs and kisses
* sharing coffee and cornbread with the four women (!) who came to clean the house
* basking in the smell and shine of a sparkling clean home
* rereading last year's journal of my trip to Spain and Italy
* sweet treats from The Great Harvest Bread Company
* Peaceful Patchouli soap in the shower
* socks that reach above my knees, onto my thighs
* turtle necks on cold days
* putting collages I've made into frames for display
* prayer beads and prayer flags
* prayer itself
* music, especially when we all sing along
* comforting a grieving friend who has comforted me
* unexpected, but perfectly timed phone calls from friends
* flipping a switch - and having the light come on
* not always getting it right (whatever "it" is), but moving on anyway
* playing word games with my son - who beats me a little too often for my taste
* fresh vegetables and beans cooked in olive oil and served over brown rice;
we call it "a veggie cook-up," and we all love it
* recognizing that these small wonders are not small at all!