On this most thankful of Thursdays, I am most thankful for:
1. The constantly improving health of my dearly beloved daughter. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks be to God!
2. The outpouring of love and support for us from friends all over the world.
3. The delicious meals that have been brought to us this past week and have been promised to us in the weeks to come. As many of you may know, I do not like to cook. At a time like this, when my attention is short-lived and certainly not on what I am eating these days, the blessing of not having to do something that I dislike so much, is beyond description. Thank you!
4. Along the same lines, I am thankful that I don't have to cook today. My mother has volunteered to do all the preparation.
5. The time I have had with my son to talk, play ping-ping and tennis and Scrabble, and to watch his new favorite show, "Malcolm in the middle."
7. Well-taken photographs.
8. Well-crafted stories.
9. Taking the time to stop myself and ask this question: "What do I need right now?"
10. Listening to my body and soul answer that question.
11. Not feeling guilty for asking for what I need and accepting it with grace and gratitude.
12. Loose leaf tea.
13. Homemade cookies.
14. Sandalwood incense in my bedroom.
15. Silver crosses.