Saturday, August 09, 2008

I left my heart in Paradise...

Home safe.
Dozens of stories.
Buckets of tears.
Hundreds of photos.



A little boy and a little girl that Kristiana and I wanted to adopt.
Will write about them later and post their photos.
(Neither of them appear in any of these photos.)
Off to journal. To cry a little more. And then to bed.





Yes, we made it home safe and sound.
But I left my heart in Paradise - which is the name of the most poverty-stricken place I have ever been.
And also the place with some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen.





Too many superlatives, I know.
Yet each is dreadfully inadequate.

Thank you all for your support, your emails, and your prayer.
I felt them all. Buoyed. Strengthened. Protected.
All is well.



And so horribly, heart-wrenchingly awfully wrong.

3 comments:

jmgb said...

after much time abroad, i know this truth. i know you.

grieving. promising. hurtful. hopeful. this suspension of what the world is and what god calls us to...

so grateful you and your girl had this experience, so grieved that this many yet suffer while we remain...untouched.

may it not be so.
may the spirit move us forward.
may we see change and christ and something of his kingdom here, despite it all...gad you are safe.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear. Bless you for your journey - your stories - your tears. God collects all of them in a bottle.

Rest well. Take care of yourself. And the time to decompress.

Can't wait to soak in your soul stories and experiences.

We are being moved beyond description by the changes taking place within us.

Amy said...

I'm grateful you're back home, grateful, too, that you and Kristiana have made some sort of difference in those precious lives. I can't wait to hear more!