Sunday, October 14, 2007

Five Things That Are Great

in my life right now.

1. I am doing a lot of journaling, blogging, scrapbooking, reading, and creating things I like lately. Colored markers, stickers, rubber stamps, paper clips, hole punchers, glue dots are flying around here. I'm loving it!

2. I began teaching a Bible study at the church yesterday with some of the Spanish-speaking women. I love to teach, and I love to speak Spanish - doing both at the same time - bliss! It looks like I am going to be teaching another journaling class in January. Yup, two classes, two preps, but like I said, I love to teach! It would be nice to get paid... but the joy of my students and the learning that I do along the way will have to be my payment for now.

**************************************************************************


This is me, talking, teaching, mouth wide open, doing what I love best.
Amazingly enough, the women's group from the church I attended when we lived in CT, has invited me to be their retreat speaker three years in a row. I keep telling them that when they tire of me and decide to invite someone else, I will not be offended. In the meantime, if they keep asking, I will keep going back. And they even pay me; what a blessing!
**************************************************************************

3. I have reconnected with several dear friends of late. Through emails, text messages, telephone calls, and snail mail. (One friend sent me a book and message series that are blowing my mind! BLOWING MY MIND! The book is entitled The Myth of a Christian Nation. The sermon series by the same author, Greg Boyd, is called "The Sword and The Cross." Wow on both counts!) I like being remembered and loved; I am beginning to suspect that we all do. Friendship is grand.

4. We haven't seen any ants in over two weeks. We broke down and bought Terro Ant Baits - and they work. We haven't seen a single ant since the day we put them out. I'm still a little nervous about the whole situation, afraid that I will have a major heart attack if they return, but so far so good. What is it about those tiny little creatures that bothers me so much???

5. Today is Sunday - my favorite day of the week. Coffee and conversation with Steve this morning. Church. Out to lunch alone with Kristiana. Right now, she is hanging out with two of her friends while I sit here blogging. Steve and Daniel are doing some sports-related thing... (They returned home as I wrote this paragraph). In a few minutes, Steve, Daniel, Kristiana, her friends, and I will return to church for "Family Day" - food, games, and fellowship there from 3 until 6 pm.

If I gave it a few minutes, the list of things in my life that are a challenge right now could easily fill a page or two, but the blessings far outnumber the difficulties. My goal is to focus my thoughts more on that which is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy.

Life is good.
God is good.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a wonderful opportunities you have, Gail! Teaching those classes and speaking at the retreat ... again! I've done a lot of those free things myself, but you're right: There are many blessings in those freebies.

Great photo! It's nice seeing you do what you love and not sitting at the dentist's office. :)