Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A short one...

Please go to Jen Gray's blog and read the two posts entitled: Back Off and To Tell the Truth. Those two posts have got me thinking about bullies in my life that need to be confronted. They have got me thinking about some feelings and dreams and hopes that I've been dealing with lately - and all my life, really - that I have studiously attempted to deny the existence of.

Her words remind me of part of a poem -
"The time has come," the walrus said,
"to talk of many things -
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax
Of cabbages and kings
Of why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings."


The time has come, this blogger says,
to think through many things -
Of pain and loss and leaving home
Of things to which I cling
Of how to overcome my doubts
And what the future brings.


Thanks, Jen. Ouch, but thanks.

No comments: