Sunday, February 05, 2006

I've been tagged...

Thanks, Leonie, I love this kind of thing. So here's my list -

Four jobs I've had:
- Spanish teacher
- college admissions counselor - on both the high school side and the college side
- camp counselor: not a great job for someone who loves the great INdoors.
- camp laundress: I love doing laundry! (Seriously, I do...)

Four movies I watch over and over:
- The Apostle
- The English Patient
- Out of Africa
- When a Man Loves a Woman

Four places I've lived:
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Williamstown, Massachusetts
- Brooklyn, New York
- Madrid, Spain

Four television shows I love to watch:
- What Not to Wear
- ER
- The West Wing
- The Office

Four places I've been on vacation:
- Puerto Rico
- Hawaii
- Menorca, Spain
- San Francisco, CA

Four websites I visit daily:
- The Breast Cancer Site
- Christian Journaling (a Yahoo group)
- The Turquoise Journey (Yeah for Leonie!)
- Oprah.com

Four favorite foods:
- arroz con leche (Spain's incomparable version of rice pudding)
- red seedless grapes
- sweet potato and bean chili (I've got a great vegetarian recipe!)
- bran muffins, toasted with butter

Four places I'd rather be right now:
- on an airplane heading for...
- Madrid
- London
- Rome, la Citta Eterna

Unfortunately, I don't know enough bloggers to come up with four that haven't already done this, but I do know one! I'd love to see ***Joanne*** do this on her blog!!! She's at http://santatrinita.blogspot.com.

I will add a few categories of my own...

Four favorite drinks:
- yerba mate tea
- Southern sweet tea
- water with LOTS of ice
- super-sweet flavored coffee

Four books that have blown me away in the past year:
- Codependent No More by Melody Beattie
- The Zahir by Paulo Coelho
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
- Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

Four dreams of mine:
- To live abroad with my family for a year or two
- To publish a book of my blogs and other writings
- To have a week-long vacation with all the women in my life who I count as near and dear friends and have them meet each other
- The fourth dream/wish/hope of mine is the one I make very year on my birthday as I blow out my candles. So I can't say it out loud or it will never come true.


Four things I am especially grateful for today:
- The new pastor that will come to our church next week
- This amazing thing called the Internet
- The love of family and friends
- My house and the great life that I get to live here in it

Four of my favorite things to do:
- traveling alone in foreign cities
- using my balance ball and resistance bands while watching television (Who says you can't exercise while sitting down?)
- washing dishes (but don't tell my kids or my husband)
- dreaming up things to write about here on the blog.

2 comments:

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

gorgeous stuff as always gail :)

Janet Oberholtzer said...

I agree with you ... Velvet Elvis is one of the books that has also blown me away this year. Good stuff in it!

PS. found your site, because of the name. I like the picture the word 'journey' gives of our lives. I used to think I would get to a place in my life where I would have 'arrived' but I have learned it is a journey.