Sunday, May 22, 2005

What can I say?

It´s so strange to be sitting at an Internet cafe in Madrid with less than ten minutes to write. But I guess I have to keep my thoughts concise. I am well. The children are well. I was told there would be an Internet connection in our apartment. I was not told the truth. So we roam the streets like three drug addicts looking for a fix. I asked several people where I could find a computer. Several recoiled with disgust. Several more sent us to the wrong place; the internet-crack house had been shut down. Finally we found this place.

We are learning to enjoy life in Spain. Our apartment. Our friends. Making new friends. Eating new foods. Doing lots of word search puzzles. I´ll explain that in a future blog. Reading the 6th book in the Chronicles of Narnia series: The Magician´s Nephew. Doing a lot of walking and talking and kicking the soccer ball. Last night we went to the Real Madrid soccer game. Over 75,000 fans watching the equivalent of the Yankees v. the Mets. Bedlam. Noise. Screaming. Cigarette and marijuana smoke billowing. But we had a blast. At least the parts of it that I can remember...

Seriously, life is good. God is good. And next time I´m gonna buy more time on this computer. In the meantime, write to me. Think of me. Pray for us. I´ll be back as soon as I can rustle up a few more euro coins. I will be back for a fix within 48 hours.

Hasta pronto, Gail

No comments: