Friday, November 12, 2004

A Reel Dilemma

Both of my children are at sleepovers tonight. Steve suggested the possibility of going to a movie, having a late supper at a favorite restaurant, and pretending we are a couple without kids. I said that maybe I should stay home and work on Friday's blog. "It's gonna be a great follow-up to yesterday's entry related to morning walks and the great outdoors and stuff like that." So I flipped a coin, asked the 8 ball, rolled the dice, read my tea leaves, fasted and prayed for a while. The answers were all the same: go out with your husband. As if anyone will even notice... One more thing, here's a great quote I found in an Isabel Allende book I recently read: "True friendship withstands time, distance, and silence." To all you silent, distant, and long ago friends, I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere. I can wait. Until then, traveling mercies.

No comments: